43%
Neither tournament
14%
Not decided yet!
14%

Total votes : 7

Longest series tournaments!

Postby Cornel » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:59 am

I am considering organizing one or even two "longest series" tournaments, if there is enough interest. The first one would be a "quick" Christmas tournament, 12 days duration only, from December 25th to January 5th (the Christmastide, or "The Twelve Days of Christmas"), and the other one between January 7th and February 20th, 45 days duration, to celebrate my 45th birthday! Please use the poll above to indicate your intention to participate! Thank you!
Cornel
Cornel
Site Admin

Re: Longest series tournaments!

Postby Ralf Krätschmer » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Hi Cornel!
Nice to read that you are going to organize two tournaments. I will participate in both tournaments.
Best wishes and greetings
Ralf
Ralf Krätschmer
Founding Member

Postby Ivan » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:11 pm

Hi Cornel,
It's great that you decided to organize another Longest series tournaments!I will be very glad to participate in them.
Ivan
Ivan
Founding Member

Postby Cornel » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:38 pm

Great, glad to hear that! As some members are not yet decided, I have added a 5th option, to reflect that. Unfortunately, the poll needed to be reset, thus you might want to cast your vote again! Also, based on some feedback received, the first tournament might be in the end labeled "Quick New Year's Seriesmovers Tournament", or simply "Quick Seriesmovers Tournament"!
Cornel
Cornel
Site Admin

Postby SHX153 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:43 am

Favourite I'm play on playchess.com, therefore tournaments disinterested.
Best,
SHX153
SHX153

"Longest series" tournaments and public/private forums acces

Postby Cornel » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:29 pm

We had just been informed that Vaclav Kotesovec had posted a link to this topic on his well known website.. We would like to inform those visitors that up to now the ChessProblems.ca Forums (entirely dedicated to series-movers tasks and records) had been "invitational" only, and the access to many areas is restricted. For those interested, in order to cast the vote above you need to be both a registered member and logged-in.

We would like to take this opportunity to relax the forums access policies (unabridged here), therefore anyone interested is invited to create a user account, in order to get full access to the public forums. The registration is a moderated process, and each request needs to be approved before the account becomes active. To speed up this process please send a quick notification email to cornelpacurar-AT-gmail.com shortly after the account is created, from the same email address used when creating the user account. Please also note that the access to the private workshops is further restricted.

A few more details about the online tournaments. They will be similar in nature with the ones previously organized by Jean-Marie Choreïn (TT1, TT2 (results), TT3 (rankings, results)), Nicolas Dupont (TT1) and, more importantly, Itamar Faybish (TT1, TT2, TT3, TT4 and TT5), but at the same time they will be different in some respects! If the two tournaments will materialize, the exact themes will be announced on December 25th, 2009, 00:00 GMT and, respectively, January 7th, 2010, 00:00 GMT. The 12-days quick tournament will, most likely, employ a very rarely used series stipulation and it will be open for compositions with not more than 12 units; there will be two book prizes: one for the longest such problem, and one for the composer holding the biggest number of "per unit" length records (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 units). The 45-days tournament will be quite different: there will be two sections, one with and one without promoted units, with 3 prizes each. To enter the competition in either section, a seriesmover with not less than 45 moves would be required. Any series stipulation, as well as either one fairy condition (with some exceptions, for instance Grid Chess) or one type of fairy piece would be allowed. Of course, there will be one other special 'condition' which will become the common denominator, but that will only be announced on January 7th!

Thank you for visiting and for your interest!
Cornel
Cornel
Site Admin

Postby Cornel » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:18 am

Both tournaments are a go! The URL of the first one is tt1.chessproblems.ca, the second one will be tt2.chessproblems.ca (to be activated early January).
Cornel
Cornel
Site Admin

Postby Cornel » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:14 pm

The introduction page for ChessProblems.ca TT2 is now up and running: tt2.chessproblems.ca. Please note that I have decided to delay the start of the tournament: instead of ending on February 20th, it will start on February 20th. The duration of the tournament is the same, 45 days (20.02.2010 - 05.04.2010).
Cornel
Cornel
Site Admin

Return to Board Announcements