ChessProblems.ca Forums scheduled maintenance and upgrade

ChessProblems.ca Forums scheduled maintenance and upgrade

Postby admin » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:33 am

:arrow: Tonight, August 22nd, between 9 and 10 PM EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) (August 23rd, 1-2 AM UTC - Coordinated Universal Time, formerly known as GMT - Greenwich Mean Time), I will be upgrading the current version of the phpBB forum solution (phpBB 2.0.22) to the latest stable version (phpBB 3.0.5, greatly improved - version 3.0 incorporates a professional-quality modular design, high security, multiple-language interface and complete layout customization, as well as a plethora of new features).

It should be a smooth and straight forward installation and migration and the downtime should be minimal. One of the few possible post-migration issues is related to the passwords conversion; due to the utf-8 based handling of passwords in phpBB3, it is not always possible to transfer all passwords. For passwords "lost in translation" the easiest workaround is to use the "forgotten password" function.
admin
Site Admin

Re: ChessProblems.ca Forums scheduled maintenance and upgrade

Postby Cornel » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:00 am

The migration completed successfully. If you encounter any problems please let me know! Please also check the FAQ section and your new User Control Panel! I will add soon new styles and language packs!

[Edit: 2 board styles are now active. I added 22 more language packs. You can now chose from 2 English (US and British), 2 German (Formal and Casual Honorifics), 2 Serbian (Latin and Cyrillic) and 1for French, Czech, Slovak, Romanian, Lithuanian, Portuguese, Dutch, Italian, Hungarian, Croatian, Spanish, Hebrew, Bulgarian, Slovenian, Greek, Swedish and Finnish! You can change the language settings from the User Control Panel -> Board Preferences]
Last edited by Cornel on Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Update on styles and language packs
Cornel
Cornel
Site Admin

Return to Board Announcements