Ridley JT50 Wokshop

Ridley JT50 Wokshop

Postby Cornel » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:51 am

I have decided to participate to Mark A. Ridley's thematic 50th Jubilee Tourney, with Fairy Kings. Mark published an interesting article about fairy kings in Mat Plus Review 9-10, which you can find here: http://www.chessproblems.ca/pdf/FairyKings.pdf

The tourney announcement is as follows:

Jubilee Tourney Mark A. Ridley – 50
Theme: FAIRY KINGS. Any sort of problem presenting at least one fairy condition or piece that have been shown in Mark Ridley’s present article [NB: see above!] . New fairy conditions involving fairy Kings of any sort are also welcome.

Judge: Mark A. Ridley
Prizes: in books.
Send your problems to: Eric Huber, CP 13-72, 024240 Bucharest, Romania or by email to: hubereric@yahoo.fr until January 17th, 2011, the jubilarian’s 50th birthday.

There are quite a few fairy kings as you will see in the article, and some of them could allow some very interesting series-movers. I checked my ever-growing collection of unpublished problems (I rarely publish, actually), and I found some quite long series-movers that qualify for the tournament, which I will be sharing with the other workshop users very soon. Needless to say, I also created a private "Ridley JT50" wokshop, if anyone is interested in a joint effort, please request access to the Ridley JT50 workshop by joining the corresponding usergroup (User Control Panel -> Usergroups).
Last edited by Cornel on Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To mention the new location of the Usergroups
Cornel
Cornel
Site Admin

Return to Board Announcements