Private Forums (Workshops)

Private Forums (Workshops)

Postby admin » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:35 pm

As of now, the ChessProblems.ca forums are "invitational" only. Moreover, there are a number of thematic private forums available, where only Private Users can read, post, reply, edit their posts, and create and vote in polls. To get access to the private forums, one needs to be a registered user and special permissions have to be granted by the admin. If you wish to join one of the workshops which are not yet accessible to you, please notify the admin. Thank you!
admin
Site Admin

Postby Cornel » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:21 am

I created usergroups for each of the existing private forums, and I will create one usergroup for each new such forum. As a result, the easiest way to get access to a (new) private forum / workshop is to join the corresponding user group. Please use the top-right 'Usergroups' link! [Edit]: After upgrading to phpBB 3.05, the Usergroups link is part of the User Control Panel.

What are Usergroups?
Usergroups are a way in which board administrators can group users. Each user can belong to several groups and each group can be assigned individual access rights. This makes it easy for administrators to set up several users as moderators of a forum, or to give them access to a private forum, etc.

How do I join a Usergroup?
To join a usergroup click the usergroup link on the page header and you can then view all usergroups. If the board is open then you can request to join it by clicking the appropriate button. The user group moderator will need to approve your request.
Last edited by Cornel on Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: After upgrading to phpBB 3.05, the Usergroups link is part of the User Control Panel.
Cornel
Cornel
Site Admin

Return to Board Announcements